Monday, 25 May, 2020

+91-9899775880

+91-9212715375

011-47044510

Annals of Library and Information Studies (ALIS) Journal: A Bibliometric Study (2013-2015)

International Journal of Knowledge Management and Practices

Volume 5 Issue 1

Published: 2017
Author(s) Name: Veena Gupta | Author(s) Affiliation: Assistant Librarian, Mathematics, Jammu University, Jammu & Kashmir, India
Locked Subscribed Available for All

Abstract

The present bibliometric study has been undertaken with the view to understand the distribution pattern of the articles published in the Annals of Library and Information Studies (ALIS) Journal during the period 2013-2015. The present analysis has been done in two steps- analysis of articles (covering mainly the distribution of articles, authorship pattern with institutional/geographical affiliation, language-wise distribution, length of articles, and the subject area covered) and analysis of citations (including distribution of citations etc.). At the time of data mining of the said journal, 110 articles were published by 203 authors during the said period. The result reveals that out of 110 articles, articles contributed with single authorship were 42 (38.18%), while the rest 68 (61.82%) articles were contributed by joint authors. Furthermore, researchers from 7 different countries across the world have contributed research articles to the journal during the period of study which shows that the maximum contribution, 88 (80%) by 149 (73.39%) authors was from India and the rest, 22 (20%) contribution by 54 (26.60%) authors was from foreign sources and majority of the articles 71 (64.54%) have the length of 6-10 pages. The main subject area covered is library and information science. After analysing 2252 references, an average 20.47 references have been assigned to each article.

Keywords: Bibliometric Analysis, Annals of Library and Information Studies, Authorship Pattern, Citation Analysis, References

View PDF

Refund policy | Privacy policy | Copyright Information | Contact Us | Feedback © Publishingindia.com, All rights reserved